Retro-fitting MES Versus New-Age MES
- Conventional MES were function-centred, while new-age MES solutions are more focused on relatable, cost-effective and timely services
- Old MES solutions were manoeuvred or utilised by experts; while smart MES solutions do not require the guidance or assistance of a ‘go-to’ person or professional
- Outdated MES solutions foster outdated compatibility, security and interoperability compared to new-age solutions
- Retro-fitting MES solutions are prone to neglect or inaccurately detect obsolescence of assets or their maintenance and sustainment requirements
- Smart MES solutions do not require human assistance to optimise factories, while old MES solutions required human data input, collection and manipulation actions
- The elasticity of conventional MES solutions is rigid, but modern MES solutions can house multiple protocols that allow them to connect with disparate systems, applications, data sources and expansive ecosystems effortlessly
- The limited utilisation of new technologies of conventional MES solutions becomes far behind the new-age capabilities enabled by new MES solutions
- The regular drawbacks of the old MES solution, like unresponsiveness and dwindling capacity
- Traditional hard-coded MES Solutions fail in meeting the dynamic requirements of manufacturing clients, while modern MES solutions investigate, analyses and meet client requirements autonomously
- Unlike custom-build MES solutions, old MES solutions are forced to implement workarounds to complete tasks, therefore, fails in augmenting operations on the fly
The Modern Manufacturer and MES
Deployed as the Centre of Excellence
The MES solution is the core or the brain of a manufacturing organisation. Thus, deploying an MES solution is a very important decision and a mandatory investment to the modern manufacturer. However, deploying an MES solution as the centre of excellence is quintessential because smart MES solutions are rich in data. Value-driven MES utilisers deploy this system to improve manufacturing operations, control investments and expenses and meet the fluctuating interests of clients at the centre of the company- at the MES.
Therefore, the MES solution is not deployed as a mere application; it is the stepping stone for manufacturing of the modern world to determine their operational targets, desired agility and kick off their manufacturing plans appropriately. Unlike previously, it will be integrated with all the points of the organisational IT infrastructure and ensure that your MES solution capitalises on the abundance of manufacturing data comprehensively. Therefore, manufacturers must invest in reliable and professional MES solution providers to optimally deploy an MES solution.
On the other hand, VR technology offers benefits by allowing manufacturing practitioners to model and integrate virtual factories to create the most fitting environments for development frameworks and product designing. Manufacturing analysts and decision-makers can use VR to test manufacturing parameters, check the feasibility of future efforts or suggest modifications to align the impending requirements of your factories. These intelligent technologies provide the needful information to refine your MES efforts with immersive inspecting, diagnosing and prescription capabilities. The AR and VR technology can be regarded as two technologies that help manufacturers of the new age to get quick wins by even quicker insights.
Digital Twin for More Than Tracking and Tracing
The Digital Twin Technology collects data from the smartly rigged IIoT systems of the factory to visualise parameters, desired and actual statuses and a range of noteworthy information required to make game-changing decisions. Combined with Simulation Technology, IIoT data streams, Predictive and Prescriptive AI models, proprietary ML algorithms and more, the power of the Digital Twin only expands. From real-time statuses, positions to working conditions, this technology represents data in an immersive model of any physical object and can be seamlessly integrated into any MES solution. The manager can simply mitigate risks, control costs and upheave the performance of the manufacturing systems by exploiting a hologram or a 3D/2D model of the factory.
Simulation to Bend ‘Gut-feeling’ to Insights
This technology allows the user to feed parameters, statuses, data streams and other required information to simulate and events and display how it would impact the resource, assets and performance of factories, warehouses and other manufacturing facilities; It identifies and optimises the utilisation of critical resources by anticipating the impending risks, failures or substandard scenarios that correspond certain operational decisions. Therefore, exploiting an Adaptive Simulation Model to verify and validate production yield, asset reliability and successful product qualification processes is something that modern MES utilisers cannot afford to overlook.
Moving to the Cloud
Therefore, it certainly facilitates manufacturers in more than tracking and tracing products in their expansive manufacturing networks. Furthermore, interconnecting all points of the manufacturing ecosystems in a shared platform to optimise the manufacturing, supply and logistics, warehousing, and a range of departments to meet goals and quality standards optimally. Another not-to-be-missed feature of using an MES solution driven by the cloud is that it can not only be used by one company but a cluster of companies, making it an amazing MES solution upgrade for global-scale conglomerates.
Predict, Prescribe and Innovate
These two technologies give new meaning to perceiving information and extracting forward-looking insights to overcome challenges, limitations and inefficiencies in manufacturing decisions. Smart Manufacturing efforts empowered by modern MESh platforms can use predictive and prescriptive information to support the operators and manufacturing managers on the shop floor. These technology tools can enable precise, non-intrusive and reliable predictive insights and automatically prescribe after actions like triggering alarms, executing event-driven strategies, controlling cost parameters and more.
We Are Asia’s Best MES Solution Enabler
Cerexio was recognised in an event hosted by a research platform in 2021 as the number one MES solution provider in Asia and one of the five most prominent MES solutions at a global scale. Cerexio enables MES solutions for forward-thinking manufacturing companies with features that go beyond real-time tracking and tracing. We deliver smart technology solutions advanced by industry 4.0-recognised technologies like DIgital Twin, AI, AR and VR, Predictive and Prescriptive Analytics, Simulation, IIoT networks and a range of technology features. The flawless synchronisation capabilities of these solutions empowered autonomous dynamic process scheduling, serial control, financial and operational insight generation, workstation management, intuitively capturing KPIs and boundless features at your fingertips. Connect with Cerexio to learn how your manufacturing company can sky-rocket profitability, interoperability, and sustainability within a single effort by contacting Cerexio.